Saturday, November 27, 2010

Joys Of Being A Dad - Part 2

  Aaron was my first born and has the honor of making me a father for the first time and for that I am very grateful.  I suspect that being the first born of six children must be a task that no one would accept if offered the choice.  There you are, the pioneer that has to hack out a path for your younger siblings and being point man for those that are looking up to you for guidance and leadership.  And, like a parent, untrained for the job but learning as you go.  I never thought about my oldest growing up and going through this when it was happening.  If I had, I might have been more sympathetic.
  In spite of being in a crowd of six kids, Aaron managed to be his own man and maintain his individuality.  He has a gift to see beauty in ordinary things and relishes in celebrating life.  And to this day, as a grown man, he is unique and lives and loves life on his own terms.  He may appear rough, but he is really a gentle and sensitive individual.  He has found his niche in an art style that he can really put himself into and I sense that he finds it very satisfying.
  He has given me my first joy of being a dad.

Every man is the son of his own works. - Miguel de Cervantes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com