Friday, December 24, 2010

Joys Of Being A Dad - Part 5

  I always found it interesting that six children raised under the same roof can be so unique from each other.  As Spock would say, "Fascinating!"  All of the kids had 'pet' names that I suspect most do not want to hear in their present stage of life.  Among other 'cutsie' names, Bobby will always be "Bobby" to me, even though he prefers being referred to as "Bob" now that he is an adult.  Hmmm, I am 61 and some people that I have known all my life still call me Bobby.  That's OK, I like reminiscing on the past!
  One interest that he had from an early age, that we shared, was computers.  That was way back in the days of MS-DOS 6.3.  One day he was on the family computer and decided the files needed cleaned up and organized so proceeded to delete files he felt was unnecessary.  Unfortunately, he deleted some important ones like AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS.  So the next time he turned the computer on, it was a no go.  "Help, Dad!"  Fortunately, since it was DOS 6.3, I was able to do UNDELETE on the files he took out.  I still have a leg up on him in regards to hardware, but when it comes to software, he now has me beat.
  His talent in almost anything he endeavors is something he and anyone that knows him should be proud of.  I admire that he imparts his 'thinking outside of the box' and his creativity to his children....and to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com