Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Moment Of Self Awareness

Image result for self awareness  I was thinking about my awareness of myself. "What?" you say!  Follow me on this....
  There are certain factors, or traits if you will, about ourselves that we are passively or actively aware of.  The three that come to my mind without getting metaphysical are:

1.  Consciousness -  The simple fact that we are aware of our existence.
2.  Intelligence - Our mental strength.
3.  Fitness - Our physical condition and health.

  The part that I found most obvious and somewhat annoying is that as I grow older, I am (hopefully) getting more intelligent, but my body is getting clumsier and weaker.  What's up with that?  Of course we can do various things to slow down the degradation, but the inevitable truth is, we may be getting smarter, but we are wearing out.
  Of course I am not telling you anything you don't already know, but some of those that know me, know that I like to quantify information.  So I came up with the following chart that correlates the three factors I speak of:
Now aren't you glad you tuned in, today?

If your emotional abilities aren't in hand, if you don't have self-awareness, if you are not able to manage your distressing emotions, if you can't have empathy and have effective relationships, then no matter how smart you are, you are not going to get very far. - Daniel Goleman

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com