Friday, March 6, 2015

Flash Back....

  Occasionally something will pop into my head.  I have no control over it.  I considered setting up a 'Firewall' to prevent it, but then thought there was no fun in that.
  Anyway....
  The other day, something popped into my head that I hadn't thought about in years.  When I was young, I heard a sort of memory test, might have been at school or Scouts, I can't remember.  But I do remember the test and it went like this:

    Image result for one hen two ducks
  • One hen
  • Two ducks
  • Three squawking geese
  • Four Limerick oysters
  • Five corpulent porpoises
  • Six pairs of Don Alverzo's tweezers
  • Seven thousand Macedonians dressed in full battle array
  • Eight brass monkeys from the ancient, sacred secret crypts of Egypt
  • Nine apathetic, sympathetic, diabetic old men on roller skates with a marked propensity towards procrastination and sloth
  • Ten lyrical, spherical, diabolical denizens of the deep who haul quay around the quo at the quarry of the quivery, all at the same time.

I never knew the origin of it, so when it did pop into my head, and with today's technology, my first thought was to 'Google' it, and I did.  Much to my satisfaction,  This little memory test was not a memory test at all, but a practice routine for radio announcers to be articulate.  Wikipedia has an accounting for it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com