Saturday, June 27, 2015

Do You Hear Voices?

  Ok, this is completely spontaneous.  I have been sitting here at my desk and realized, again, something that I had realized yesterday. "What is that?" you say.  I realized that I am hearing voices. (Pregnant pause)  No, I am not going nuts. (Well, that can be debated at another time)
  The mind is a curious thing, not news for anyone.  It has a way of processing information that can have interesting results.  In this case, I hear voices.  Sort of like I am hearing a TV set on in another room or two people having a conversation somewhere in the house.  The difference is, the TV is not on and I am the only one here.
  The house is full of little noisemakers.  That may be the hum of my UPS under my desk, the motor inside the refrigerator, the fan over my head, the air conditioner, the fans in the computer, to name a few.  My conclusion is this; the blend of all these sounds tricks the mind (or at least MY mind) into thinking it is hearing voices.  According to the app in my phone,  the sound level is 42dB which equates to a 'quiet residential area'.  I think at that level, the brain can easily misconstrue the drone as voices in the background.
  That is my story and I am sticking to it!

And they're coming to take me away Ha Ha
They're coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha
To the happy home with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes
They're coming to take me away ha ha...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com