Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

  On Memorial Day, I am humbled by those that make the ultimate sacrifice in the name of Freedom.

  Before I retired, there were occasions when I would be in public while in uniform. Occasionally, I would be thanked by total strangers for my service. I would politely thank them and told them I would accept their gratitude in behalf of those that really deserved it.
  I am thankful for my dad who served in World War II and the Korean War.  Even as a young boy, I could see the toll it took on him from seeing the horror of war and keeping it bottled up inside while in the service of his country. 

  I pray that the men and women who are at risk in the defense of Freedom, be kept safe and brought home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com