Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Life's Itinerary.....So Far - Part 11

Image result for maremont corporation historyImage result for maremont corporation historyImage result for old industrial mill  Being young and struggling, we left our beloved Kennebunk, Maine, and moved to Sanford, Maine, I think about 1974.  We were ly a half hour from there but in a community where apartments were less expensive.  Being as how Sanford use to be a mill town, our apartment faced one of the old mills so when you looked out our window, all you saw was brick.  I was working for Maremont Corporation in Saco, Maine.  Apparently, all they make, now, is mufflers and in Tennessee.  When I was there, (Saco, Maine) they also made shock absorbers for Sears and Gabriel.  As well as M-60 machine guns for the government.  They were also developing new products utilizing brushless alternators.  I was a technician in the lab building and testing the alternators.  I quit because of differences in opinion about what I should be paid.  Several months later, I received a phone call from an attorney asking me questions about my employment there.  It seems that an alternator manufacturer was sewing Maremont for patent infringements.  Not seeing any mention of alternators on their website tells me they lost the case.  So about 1975, had a new job and moved to Somersworth, NH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com