Tuesday, February 26, 2013

An Overdue Musical Break...

   I think a musical break is overdue and it's MY blog so I said so!
  One band I enjoyed during the '70's and '80's was Heart.  I want to talk only about one song in particular and that is These Dreams.  The lyrics in this piece are, to me, poetic.  I almost feel like I am listening to something that falls somewhere between a fantasy novelist and Edgar Allen Poe.  It conjures up a state of mind between sleep and consciousness.  Actually it was written by; Martin Page, a musician, singer, songwriter and; Bernie Taupin, a lyricist, poet and singer.  Mr. Taupin is well known for his collaboration with Elton John.  More about the song is here.
  As usual, I am yammering on, again.  Just click on the title above and see if you aren't carried away a little by the song.

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com