Monday, September 5, 2016

Sunday Mornings


  The hardest part about Sunday mornings is waking up at 6:30 and getting up.  After that , it's all good.  Get ready and out the door and head to church. What I love about this time of the day and this day of the week, is how quiet it is. Except for occasional faint noises from the port, it is very peaceful. The dew is on the grass and the sun is breaking through. I climb into the car and unlike the norm, I don't turn on music. Heading through town, there are no cars on the road. It is like the movies where everyone has abandoned the place. All I hear now is the humming of the tires. No stop and go. No rude drivers.

  I am almost always the first one to arrive at church. Since I have a key, I let myself in and continue to enjoy the tranquility, walking down the halls to the offices. I have some responsibilities here to take care of and I engage in them until the others arrive. For me, it is a very good start to the day and a nice departure from the other days of the week!

In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed. - Khalil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com