Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Life's Itinerary.....So Far - Part 3

Image result for northeastern university  Summer vacations from school go by so fast!  In the Fall of 1967, I was a Freshman at Northeastern University in Boston.  Talk about a change of environment!  Here I am, a small town kid from a place with a population of 5000 (not counting tourists) going to a big city school where the enrollment is seven times the size of my hometown!
Image result for electrical engineering  At Northeastern, I was enrolled in a five-year Electrical Engineering Co-op program.  That meant no summers off because that is when the Co-op phase is done.  From my perspective as a new Freshman, that was a bit intimidating.  I was not really prepared.  I was kind of a smart kid which got me through high school, but I had poor study habits and just being smart wasn't going to get me through college.  So after my first semester, I knew I was doomed.  I thought it best that I would strategically withdraw from college and enlist quickly before I was drafted.  That didn't go exactly as planned and you will find the details in a previous blog entry called Good Morning Vietnam!

Fortunately, that isn't me..

  So I return home to Kennebunk, Maine, briefly, before heading off to basic training.  More to come.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. - Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com