Saturday, November 13, 2010

Phone Addiction


  I saw this commercial on TV and thought it very interesting:  Windows Phone Ad  I did not understand their sales strategy of trying to sell their cell phone by showing how ridiculous people can behave with a cell phone.  However, it did show how preoccupied phone owners are, albeit a bit exaggerated.  Makes one wonder how we ever managed without one. 
  There are two things I hate shopping for; clothes and cell phones.  When I have to purchase a new cell phone, here is a list of all the features that I look for in it:
 
  1.  Ability to send and receive phone calls.
 
  That's it.  That is all I want it to do.  It is difficult to find a phone that is not loaded with a mess of things that I have no need  for.  Actually, if I had my way, I wouldn't even carry one, but I carry two, one for work and one for personal.  I am damned!
  As I have mentioned in a previous blog entry, I do allow myself the luxury of having eleven phones scattered around the house.  I like to have one within reach when I get a call.  Trouble is, invariably when I do get a call, it is on my cell phone, which is usually at the other end of the house.  Poor me.  Every generation has a technology to complain about.  I can imagine the complaints about the wheel in prehistoric times!

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com