Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blast From The Past - Part 4

You are probably thinking, "oh no, not another Blast From The Past!" Yup, since it is my show, I call the shots. 
Image result for childs record playerWhen I was quite small, I am going to guess about four years old, I had a little child's record player. It was one of those old portable kind that was bright red.  Actually, it looked like the one depicted on the right.  I remember playing whatever records I could find.  Mostly they were yellow and red, plastic, 78 RPM Disney records about Goofy, Dumbo, and Davey Crockett.  But I do remember a couple records that I probably misappropriated from my parents.  The first one was Jambalaya by Jo Stafford, that came out in 1952.  The second one was
Mr. Sandman by the Chordettees that came out in 1954.  That was a great song with great harmony.  Linda Ronstadt did a great version of it as well.  Heck, her songs are always great (I am a bit biased).  I would have linked Linda Ronstadt's version if I could have found one, but alas, I could not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com