Friday, February 25, 2011

It's A Living - Part 7


Squirrel POS System


In 1994, I am still in Boise, Idaho, but now working at NEAT Business Systems.  It was a small company of just the owner and myself, Déjà vu, of the first cash register company I worked for.  When I left the previous company, many customers chose to follow me because they liked my work and wanted to maintain the working relationship that we had.  Of course that was fine with me as well as my employer.  At the new place, I continued to service Panasonic, DTS, and Casio.  A new system was Squirrel, I know, a strange name for a restaurant system.  It was here that I made the transition from Windows 3.11 to Windows 95 and now we had the availability of the Internet.  We also had to deal with IBM's operating system because of Squirrel Systems, it was called OS/2 and I didn't care for it much.  It behaved a lot like Windows 3.11 which is easy to understand why since OS/2 was developed by Microsoft and later used exclusively by IBM.
 

 Up until now, all of my cash register career included carrying a pager, so it was a landmark event when I started using a cell phone at NEAT, albeit, a bag phone, but a phone nonetheless.  Cellular phones have changed a lot over the years.  There have been many, many features added to them to make them more versatile, and annoying.  I think I have mentioned this before, but here is a list of all the features that I like to have on my cell phone: 
1.  Make phone calls
2.  Receive phone calls
We'll talk again, soon, gotta run!

3 comments:

  1. I thing it good product .soon it will reach the market….

    Restaurant Equipment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would very much like to chat with you about your time spent working on the 80-S Supermarket Systems. I still have a couple of 85-S Systems in storage, not to mention dozens of 7625 and 7645 terminals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been reviewing past comments on my blog and not sure if I replied. Yes, I enjoyed working on the Sweda 80-S system. You still out there?

      Delete

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com