Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Deep Thoughts......

  If I ever find that I am getting caught up in myself, thinking I am a pretty smart guy, all I have to do is dwell on Quantum Mechanics for a moment then I realise how dumb I really am.  I will leave that kind of thinking to people like Stephen Hawking.  One thing about the subject that I really find absolutely fascinating is Quantum Entanglement.  Quantum Entanglement is when two particles will act together and become a system. They behave like one object, but remain two separate objects. It is as if they sit on the same teeter-totter seesaw. No matter how long the seesaw is, even if it is one million miles long, if one end is down the other end must be up, and this happens instantly.  When I say 'instantly', I don't mean at the speed of light (which is over five seconds for a million mile seesaw!), I mean at the very same moment.  The two objects have sympathetic movement at the very same moment, no matter how far apart they are.  Of course this activity is happening at a subatomic level.  There is so much we still don't know!

I am now convinced that theoretical physics is actually philosophy. - Max Born

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com