Thursday, March 17, 2011

As I Live And Breathe....

  Each life is a singularity, a phenomenon.  Ironic when you consider that there are almost 7 billion people in the world.  What makes this a personal experience instead of a statistic is the fact that we interact with each other at some level.  The World society is made up of many subsets of smaller societies until we come down to our own circle of friends and family. 
  Now that I am somewhere inside or outside the last quarter of my life, I think about my mortality more frequently.  More to the point, I become aware of the mortality of others that I am associated with.  All too often I hear about someone that I know incurring a life changing affliction or even death.  One of my character flaws is that I don't cope with conflict well.  I have a tendency to 'shut down'.  The knowledge of a friend or family member being stricken or leaving this mortal existence is no exception.  I might be perceived as uncaring and unconcerned which, in fact, the opposite would be the case.  It is probably a defense mechanism I developed while growing up and being moved around a lot.  Or perhaps it because I like to fix things and there are some things I just cannot fix and that sometimes frustrates me.  And the fact that they are sometimes younger then me certainly doesn't help!

  The point I am trying to make to you and to myself is that the quality of life is more important then the quantity.  I am rooting for you in mind, heart and spirit, even if I don't seem to show it, although I should.  No matter what our age is, what our health is, and what our social status is; we should keep up the good fight, be an example others and lend a hand when we can, while we sojourn through our lives together.

All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com