Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Singin' The Blues....

  When it comes to music, sometimes I am in the mood for something that has a blues flavour.  When I was seven years old,  my first exposure to anything close to that was in 1956 when Elvis Presley came out with his first number one song, Heatbreak Hotel.  Even though it is a rock 'n roll song, it sounds bluesy to me!  I have never been a big Elvis fan, but there are a few of his songs that I enjoy and this was one of them.
  Can you handle more blues?  John Lee Hooker does I'm In The Mood with Bonnie Raitt helping out.  Or how about  Muddy Waters with I Want To Be Loved.  They're all gone now, except for Bonnie.  Click and listen.

Go ahead and play the blues if it'll make you happy. - Dan Castellaneta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com