Friday, September 17, 2010

Dream A Little Dream Of Me...

dare-to-dream.jpg Dreams are fascinating, don't you think?  Everybody has them and if they say they don't, it is because they can't remember them, but they do have them.  I can only speak from personal experience, as I haven't been able to participate in anyone else's dream.  Maybe if I had a gizmo like the one used in the film Inception, I would have some real stories to tell!
  Sometimes my sleep starts with a short dream.  I am not in deep sleep yet, and I often wake up afterwards then fall back to sleep again.  Kinda like a movie 'short'.  Then I will get into the feature length dream.  My perceptions are that they can be in colour, though I don't always notice that they are.  Sometimes the dream is through my eyes and sometimes I am an onlooker.  The people in my dreams can be anyone that I have known through my life.  Sometimes friends, family, people from school, and occasionally total strangers.  The activities in my dreams can be mundane, such as being at work, or just hanging out with people or there might be some danger.  Speaking of which, in the dream I may be worried about my safety but I will think to myself while dreaming that I am only in a dream so there is no problem.
  In a recent blog entry, Scaredy Cat!, September 12, 2010, I mentioned having reoccurring nightmares when I was small.  I don't recollect having any nightmares since then.  I use to remember what happened in the nightmare, but have since forgotten.
  I had a conscious experience that seemed like it was a dream.  In November of last year, I had a heart valve repaired and right after I regained consciousness, I had numerous deja vu events.  I would see something and then see it again two or three more times.  I suspect my brain was getting back into 'sync', after being unconscious.  I believe that when we do have a feeling of deja vu, it is just the brain 'short circuiting'.
  Sometimes, for me, the dreams I have before waking can set the tone for me as I go into a new day.  If it was a happy dream, I feel happy, if it was a depressing dream, well, you know.
  The mind is so amazing.  I wish we had the know how to fully utilise it.  See Memories, August 11, 2010.
Actually, our dreams can be a tool for us.  If we pay attention to what we are dreaming about, we can learn what our subconscious is up to.  Depending on what it's desires are, we can help focus ourselves towards or away from them, depending whether it is good for us or not.
  Someday, we will have a USB port on the back of our head so we can tap into our brain's vast resources!

Dreams are the touchstones of our character. - Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com