Sunday, September 12, 2010

Scaredy Cat!

Fear: a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.  

Image result for fear  What have been the scariest moments in your life?  I can think of a few. 
  When I was quite young, we were living on Woodlawn Ave, in Kittery, Maine, and an event occurred that might have been real or imaginary, to this day I am still not sure.  I remember running madly up the cellar stairs trying to out run a bee that was chasing me.  Well, I survived that OK.
  While living in the Admiralty Village in Kittery, I would have reoccurring nightmares but I don't remember the details of the dreams, just that it was the same dream each time.  I don't think that lasted too long.
  It sounds silly now, but when I was in high school in Kennebunk, Maine, I was beside myself with worry, wondering if I would be ready for a test or get homework assignments done on time, and just making the grade.  Not to mention public speaking.
  While a teenager, I was still inexperienced at driving and lost control of the car when driving too fast through a turn and went off the road resulting in an accident.
  When living in Somersworth, NH, I was really freaked out when I saw my baby son falling from the kitchen table to the floor and not being able to get their fast enough to catch him.  It was like a slow motion scene in a movie.  Thankfully, he was OK.
  Probably the most scariest of all were the moments before my heart surgery.  I was lying on the gurney, ready to be rolled into the operating room when a wave of fear went over me, with the knowledge that I am going to be knocked out, my heart and lungs are going to be stopped, and I may never wake up again.  Of course, everything turned out fine.
  I am fortunate that my experiences of fear are relatively trivial.  I can only imagine the trauma that others have been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com