Wednesday, October 13, 2010

These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things....



File:Lincoln Logs sawmill.jpg
Lincoln Logs
For some reason, when I woke up this morning, I was thinking about my favourite toys I had when I was a kid.  Probably the one foremost in my mind was my top of the line Erector Set, it was the Ferris Wheel edition.  I had other Erector sets but this one was the best.  Other things that kept my hands busy when I was a child were Lincoln Logs, American Plastic Bricks and Tinker Toys.  During my growing up, I would spend countless hours building things, so much that it might have slowed down the development of my social skills I fear!
  As some of you might know, I have an avid interest in radios and the very first radio I ever had was a Remco Crystal Radio when I was very young.  In fact, I couldn't read the instructions well enough, so I built it by looking at the pictures.  A couple years later, I had a Philmore Crystal Radio. Another fun toy was the Bridge and Turnpike Building Set. During my childhood I had a few electrical and electronic building sets as well.  Most, if not all, of these educational toys were given to me by my grandparents.  I was very fortunate that they fostered my interests and talents. 
Philmore_Lgstep_Covered_BR.jpg

Remco.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com