Monday, October 4, 2010

Tomorrow Never Knows

  For people who say there is always tomorrow, I say NEIN!  There is NOT always tomorrow.  I had that lesson repeated to me this morning when my wife received news that one of the dearest people in the world to her had passed away.  She is heartbroken because this woman, who was like a mother to her and has known almost all her life,  is gone.  Her dear friend, who lives on the other side of the world, had recently become grievously ill and my wife was planning to visit her within a year.  Now it is too late and the situation is irreversible.  My better half is probably going to feel guilty for not being there for her but she shouldn't be because it happened so fast, the distance is great, and my wife has been laid up herself recovering from back surgery.  The fact is, she is sad and understandably so, and it is something I cannot fix, no matter how many tools I have.
  Though it doesn't apply to my wife's situation, it does remind me that we have a tendency to put important things off, because the unimportant demands on us are easier to deal with.  Whether it be a grudge, or a misunderstanding, or an injury of your pride, or simply you have been too busy with daily tasks to remember to visit a family member, we need to get our priorities straight because life is too short.  I know there have been occasions in my life where I have missed opportunities to "stop and smell the roses" with those that have been important to me and now I will never have the chance again.

No one can confidently say that he will still be living tomorrow. - Euripides

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com