Sunday, October 3, 2010

To Infinity And Beyond!

Image result for starship enterprise  One of my favourite musical artists is Linda Ronstadt whose songs cover just about every musical style.  At one point, she collaborated with the late Nelson Riddle and did some music from the forties, including a Bille Holiday song called Crazy He Calls Me.  In that song there is a line that goes; "The difficult I will do right now, the impossible will take a little while".  Those words define the nature of the Human Race.  When you think that we have invented and accomplished everything possible, something else comes along to supersede it.  A few years ago, I was blown away when I saw a computer that had a 60 megahertz processor and now we measure the speeds in gigahertz.  Everything is getting smaller and faster.  From mankind's track record, it is not difficult to imagine there is nothing we can't do.  I enjoy watching reruns of the various Star Trek series and some of the imaginative things that were created for the shows are already a reality and I suspect we will continue to fulfill those prophecies.  My greatest fear is that we will attain "warp drive".  For further explanation, I refer to a previous post Is There Anybody Out There?  I am hoping that some day we can achieve world peace which may be the greatest challenge that faces us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com