Thursday, August 19, 2010

In The Recesses Of Your Mind

brain-763982-1
  Okay, time for some mental exercising!  Get those synapses firing!  Here is the challenge; how far back can you remember?  What is the earliest memory you have?  Where were you and how old were you?  It has been suggested that the average age of the first memories is three years, six months, with the vast majority of subjects dating their first recollection somewhere between ages 2 and 5 years.  I think I am on the average mark.  My earliest memories are being in a crib in a hospital with pneumonia.  My greatest fear was getting a shot in my butt while I was asleep so I made every effort to sleep on my back.  After release from the hospital, my mom and dad brought me home.  I remember standing on the back seat of the car and my arms hanging over the back of the front seat between my parents.  I announced that when I get home I am going to give my sister a big kiss.  I was dismayed to hear that wasn't going to happen because my sister had chicken pox.  I also remember living in Camp Le Jeune in the base housing.  I passed the time undermining the front door sidewalk with a spoon and figuring out how to build an enclosure over the porch like some of the other homes had.  The best I could come up with was nailing a couple bits of board to the side of the porch.  That might have been my very first handy man project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com