Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Inquiring Minds Want To Know.....


    I am a confessed addict, but I am not a cured addict.  Don't plan to be either.  From a small child, I have always wanted to know how things work.  To accomplish that, I would have to disassemble it.  I got into trouble countless times with many relatives because I would take things apart.  Unfortunately, the ability to put them back together came later.  Anything in the house was in peril, if it had screws in it, it was doomed.  As I got older, I would try and satisfy my curiosity by simply watching other people work on things, TV repairmen, plumbers, carpenters, telephone repairmen, etc.  (to be PC, you can substitute 'person' anywhere it says 'men').  Eventually when I hit my teens, I had my own little workshop in the basement.  A couple years ago, I visited that basement and the workbench is still there.  In my little haven, I tinkered away on radios and TVs and other gadgets I could get my hands on.  I could even fix them, so I started doing little jobs for folks in the neighbourhood.   Back then, the radios and TVs were the old 'tube' types that had to 'warm up' when you turned them on.  I still work on those radios but now they are called antiques, how did that happen?
  I enjoy my profession very much, one reason is that I get to take things apart, but what makes it even better is that I can put them back together and I rarely have pieces left over!  Speaking of which, I have learned that if you take something apart and put it back together often enough, you will have enough parts left over each time to put together a second one!
  So, as you might guess, most of my toys, while growing up, were the kind you put together and take apart.  Now that I am grown up, the toys come from places like Radio Shack and Home Depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com