Thursday, August 26, 2010

Reality TV


  Here we go, again, another admission.  I will occasionally watch a 'chick flick'. I sometimes even get teary eyed.  I think we are all guilty of that once in a while.  However, there is one thing I don't understand;  how we can be empathetic of people when watching fictitious stories in movies or on the 'goggle box' (that is what my wife sometimes calls the TV) but be so cold hearted when out in the real world?  We are always ready to find fault with people, especially when we are driving.  I am often guilty of that.  Or you might have to deal with a rude sales clerk.  Of course personal problems are no excuse for unprofessional behaviour, but we are human, after all, and coping can be a bit challenging at times.  We worry about how busy we are and how stressed out we are about a myriad of things, it never occurs to us that just about everyone out there is in the same boat.  Probably almost everyone we encounter might have a true to life story that could make anyone shed a tear, but they soldier on.  The struggle might be a little easier for them if we share a smile, show some compassion, or lend a hand.  Of course it is great to be the receiver when we struggle, as well as the giver.

Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation. - Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com