Sunday, August 29, 2010

It's The Little Things......

  I think it is the simple pleasures that makes it all worth while.  Have you ever stopped to think about what they are?  I can think of a few:

- When I first climb into bed and rest my face on the cool softness of my pillow, and if I want to have an encore, I flip my pillow over and do it again
- The refreshment of gulping down ice cold water when I am very hot and thirsty.
- The rejuvenation of a shower when I am tired.
- Finding Crème Brûlée on the menu.
- This one is corny but I like how snow crunches when you walk on it on a very cold and early winter morning.
- Finding a parking space near the shop's door.
- A free upgrade to business class or first class when flying.
- Hearing from an old friend you haven't heard from in years.
- A call from a son or daughter for no reason.
- My favourite dish or dessert made for me.
- Finding something that I have lost and thought I would never see again.
- Waking up and thinking "ugh, it's morning" then realizing it is Saturday and going back to sleep.
- How dogs are always happy to see you, no matter what.
- A five payday month.
- Brown paper packages tied up in string, no, wait, that is someone else......
- Needing something at the store and finding it is on sale.
- Having someone to talk to about anything.
- Having a favourite book or TV show to look forward to.
- Going to bed one night in the fall, knowing I am going to get an extra hour of sleep because of Daylight Savings Time.
- Pictures of grandchildren and the art they create.  Better still, their company.

  Wow, I didn't realize there were so many, I could even keep on going, but don't worry, I won't.  So taking stock of what you have that is not-so-tangible is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Appreciate Feedback! ironhorse306@yahoo.com